Triumph Engine servicingServicing

We offer four different levels of menu services;
Bi Annual (Full Service), Annual (Interim Service), Lubrication (6 months), and a Winter Service (Basic Service and oil and Filter).

We also can service your car to the manufacturer’s service schedule, in a number of cases these are as individual as the amount of cars on the road so pricing has to be done on a case by case basis, so please call us for a quote.

Inside the garage we have a well equipped workshop with three four poster ramps that can hold up to three tonnes, one MOT class IV bay, and four two poster ramps that can hold up to four tonnes. This enables us to cope with the daily business of MOTs and services whilst allowing us to dedicate the two poster ramps for clutch, cambelt, cylinder head, and suspension work. We also have a special diagnostics bay, which allows us to complete all types of vehicle repairs.

Electric vehicles and hybrid servicing covered. Electronic diagnostic facilities.

full car engine servicingWe have invested heavily in new equipment and training in order to improve our capability to problem solve.

Holliers has embraced the introduction of new technologies, driven by the introduction of hybrid and EV vehicles, and how these new technologies should be applied on the braking system.

We use a multitude of different types of equipment together with our experience and knowledge gained over our many years of working with motor vehicles, with the objective of being able to problem solve almost any fault you will ever experience.

We extensively use two electronic scan tools, Bosch kts unit which is supplied with a vast database of vehicle systems and test procedures, together with a Delphi DS unit both covering 95% of what we come into contact with, for the remaining 5%, we use an Omiscan unit which is very good at getting in to those more obscure setups.

Main Garage facilities – Modern servicing, traditional values

As a rule, we dedicate a mechanic to a job to its completion, and do not move the vehicle between ramps if it is a work in progress, ensuring the quality of repair that we always strive for.

Our objective is to have the right tools for the job and wherever possible we will equip the workshop with the appropriate pullers, test equipment, and diagnostic tools required.

Having arrived at The Sandpits you will see we have multiple car parking spaces available, to ensure your car is safe and well looked after during its stay with us.

Once booked in via reception we nominate a secure dedicated key peg for your car keys.

Moving into the garage we have a well equipped workshop having four, four poster ramps to 3 tonne, one MOT class IV bay and three two poster ramps to 4 tonne, this enables us to cope with the day to day business of MOT’s and services whilst allowing us to dedicate the two poster ramps for clutch, cambelt, cylinder head and suspension work.

We also have a dedicated diagnostics bay which as well as diagnostics equipment includes an air-conditioning recharge unit allowing us to complete all types of vehicle repairs. As a rule we dedicate a mechanic to a job and do not move the vehicle from ramp to ramp if it is work in progress, this ensures the quality of repair we always look for.

Going the extra mile with our modern electronic diagnostic facilities

We have invested heavily in new equipment and training in order to improve our capability to problem solve. We use a multitude of different types of equipment together with our experience and knowledge gained over our many years of working with motor vehicles, with the objective of being able to problem solve almost any fault you will ever experience.

We extensively use two scan tools, Bosch KTS unit which is supplied with a vast database of vehicle systems and test procedures, together with a Delphi DS unit both covering 95% of what we come into contact with, for the remaining 5%, we use an Omiscan unit which is very good at getting in to those more obscure setups.

More recently we have been closing the loop and are now using a pico oscilloscope to then confirm our findings or carry out further investigations into more complicated systems and their components.

The story behind our quest (keeping ahead of the rest)
After years of using an early scan tool and outsourcing most of our diagnostics work we felt we needed to gain control of diagnostics activities within the core business of Hollier and Sons. We purchased a Delphi DS scan tool but within a year found that we had soon met the full capacity of the equipment, and we were still being faced with ever increasingly challenging electrical problems that could not be investigated by this level of equipment.

It took a further year and a half, and more equipment to get to a point where we realised the problem we were faced with was a scan tool can only tell you what your cars electronic control unit thinks is wrong with your car so anything on the other side of the ecu is therefore trial and error (which can lead to being a very expensive way of correcting any faults on a car). Early in 2008 we started to investigate the use of oscilloscopes and the application of how to inspect both sensors and actuators which could only ever be looked at via an ecu, in February 2008 we invested in our first scope and have undergone training which has opened up a whole new area of diagnostics capability for ourselves not only giving us the confidence in our full diagnostics of the problem but also making us more efficient in the estimate to repair and rectification of the vehicle.

Triumph Engine servicing
Disc brake assembly
engine

Call 0121 472 3848 today and find out how we can help you